National IPA is pleased to offer the following solutions with Toter:
Contract details available in tabs to the left.
- • Refuse and Recycling Container Solutions and Related Products, Equipment and Services (Contract #171717-01 awarded by The City of Tucson, AZ)
Toter® introduced its first product in the 1960s: an automated cart system for curbside garbage collection. Since then, Toter has been recognized as the leading manufacturer of two-wheeled carts for curbside automated waste, recycling and organics collection by cities, private waste haulers and recyclers. Today, Toter is the top-selling cart brand for the curbside collection of waste, recycling, and organics, and manufactures organics carts, caster carts, stationary containers, front-load containers, tilt trucks, cart lifters, and more for a variety of markets. In 2007, Toter joined the Wastequip family, the leading North American manufacturer of waste handling and recycling equipment.
The Patented Process That Makes a Toter® Cart a Toter Cart.
Toter's engineers and designers developed—and patented—a revolutionary breakthrough in rotational molding known as Advanced Rotational Molding™. It’s how we were able to create the world's toughest carts.
Advanced Rotational Molding™ eliminates built-in stress, weakness and brittleness associated with injection molded products. In addition, Toter’s use of linear medium density polyethylene (MDPE) is specifically engineered for toughness and high-impact resistance. In contrast, injection-molded carts are made with high density polyethylene (HDPE), which is rigid, brittle and offers poor impact resistance.
- Superior toughness and durability
- Single-piece product design – no seams
- Consistent wall thickness
- Stress-free, zero-pressure product
- Unique design and structural capabilities like Rugged Rim, sealed stop bar journals, and granite finish
- UV stable
- Custom colors
- Corrosion- and chemical-resistant
- Ability to mold in graphics
Residential Curbside Collection Carts
- Industry-leading 12-Year Body Warranty.
- Available in 21-, 24-, 32-, 35-, 48-, 64- and 96-gallon sizes
- Virtually maintenance-free carts with the lowest lifecycle cost in the industry
- Rugged Rim® design and bottom wear strip provide added strength
- Universal design is compatible with automated and semi-automated lifters
- Available ready-to-roll – fully assembled – for reduced labor and delivery expense
- More flexible and impact resistant than injection molded carts
- Available in a variety of colors and textures with hot stamp options
- RFID Cart Management Solutions
Front End Load (FEL) Containers:
- Available in 2-, 3- and 4-cubic yard sizes.
- Nest fully assembled for easier shipping and storage.
- 100% plastic rotationally molded body provides maximum impact resistance
- Last up to 3X longer than steel containers
- Steel-rod-reinforced rim and base prevent bowing
- Lift pockets feature an integrated design to distribute weight across the entire face, providing greater pocket strength
- Easy to clean & requires no painting
- Leak-proof design
- Lighter weight than steel containers for easier maneuverability
- Will not rust; perfect for environments where corrosion is a concern
- Quick change caster brackets
Competitively solicited and publicly awarded by: The City of Tucson, AZ
Contract Term: February 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019 with the option to renew for four (4) additional one-year periods through January 31, 2023.
- • 2 Wheel Curbside Collection Carts available in 24 to 96 gallon sizes.
- • Designed for solid waste, recycling and organics collection.
- • Universal design is compatible with automated and semi-automated lifters.
- • Front Load Cubic Yard Containers available in 2, 3 and 4 cubic yard sizes.
Toter’s Bear-Tough Carts stand up to the toughest of beasts. With a bear-tight lock, double-walled lid and steel reinforced rim, they’re virtually indestructible and inaccessible to bears and other predators. Featuring a locking mechanism to help prevent bears from getting inside, the Bear-Tough Cart is strong enough to withstand repeated clawing and chewing.
Want to learn more? Download the flyer below and watch the Toter Bear-Tough cart demo with a real-life Grizzly Bear!
Check out the latest news from Toter, including upcoming trade shows HERE.
Green. No Matter What Color You Choose.
In addition to outperforming every other cart on the market, Toter® carts contribute to sustainability initiatives.
Reduced Material Consumption
Compared to other carts, each 96-gallon Toter cart is manufactured with up to five fewer pounds of plastic.
Longest Service Life
Toter offers a 15- to 20+ year active service life, compared to a 10-year service life for injection-molded carts. Toter carts are manufactured with a stress-free, Advanced Rotational Molding™ process using medium density polyethylene (MDPE), giving Toter carts a superior strength-to-weight ratio when compared to injection-molded carts containing high density polyethylene (and high residual stress). Longer service life essentially eliminates early cart replacement, reducing material consumption by at least 50%.
Toter carts are manufactured with up to 50% recycled content.
Toter carts are fully recyclable. In fact, Toter recycles used carts into new carts every single day.
Reduced Fuel Costs & Lower Emissions
With a 0.2% warranty claim rate—the industry’s lowest, by the way—Toter carts are virtually maintenance-free. Toter’s lower annual failure rate reduces the number of repairs and replacement trips. And because Toter carts nest, service providers can deliver up to three times more carts per trip.
View the Sustainability Calculator