|National IPA is pleased to offer the following solutions with BCI Burke:
- • Playground Systems, Installation, Service and Related Items (Contract #R170301 awarded by Region 4 Education Service Center)
Contract details available in tabs to the left.
Play That Moves You® is Burke’s rally cry to play! Our mission is to bring Play That Moves You to communities around the world and we do so by following our passion – Play. See more about how play can move you by clicking here!
Contract terms allow PO's to be sent directly to this vendor and must reference the vendor's contract number. For example, "Per Cooperative Contract #R123456".
Contact vendor for pricing.
Competitively solicited and publicly awarded by: Region 4 Education Service Center
Contract Term: May 01, 2017 through April 30, 2020
- Playground equipment
- Playground Design
- Safety Surfacing
- Park & Site Amenities
- HealthQuest Fitness Stations
- Volume Discounts
Burke’s playgrounds are handcrafted by artisans using high quality materials, including compounded plastics with UV15 to protect your investment. Burke’s exclusive KoreKonnect® direct-bolt clamp system is the very best in the industry and our EZKonnect® system features a self-leveling platform design that installers rave about. See what Burke Built™ Quality means for your playground!
Read more about what Burke Built Quality means for your playground!
As we create great playgrounds for children to play on today, we never lose sight of the importance of preserving the precious resources they and future generations will need in the future. Here are some ways we are living out our commitment to a sustainable future.
· ISO 14001 Certification: To achieve this vital certification, BCI Burke put an environmental system in place with specific policy commitments, which include complying with all environmental laws and regulations. ISO 14001 is the cornerstone of the groundbreaking series of standards set by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and it is the only framework that provides for third-party certification.
· Recycled Materials: From the steel tubes used in our playgrounds to the paper on which we print our catalogs, we maintain high standards for recycled content. For materials used in our playgrounds, our average recycled content is: Tubes - 65%, Sheet Steel - 66% and Steel Castings - 90%. In addition to our steel products, StoneBorders and Burke Turf are made from 100% recyclable materials and our recycled plastic platforms, roofs and site amenities are made from 95% recycled materials.
Because we print approximately 56 tons of catalogs each year, it’s important to make sure they contain recycled material. As a result, we have implemented standards requiring that our catalogs be printed using processes and products that meet the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Burke has also created an online Digital Catalog to decrease the amount of paper being used.
· Recycling: In addition to using recycled materials, we also have processes in place to ensure that we recycle materials we use. On average, we recycled 19 tons of HDPE (high-density polyethylene) and 179 tons of metal.
· PVC Compliance: All of our PVC is free of hazardous heavy materials such as lead. In addition, we have reduced the levels of phthalate plasticizers. Our PVC products comply fully with the California standards, which are the strictest in the nation.
· Energy: BCI Burke has invested in energy efficient lighting that has reduced our total energy consumption by 16%. We are constantly assessing our energy use in our offices, manufacturing plant and transportation methods. By participating in programs that support the development of clean energy, we are able to purchase 100% of our electricity from wind and other renewable sources. This positions Burke as an environmental leader within the playground industry.
· Use of Renewable Energy: We've also partnered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Partnership Program. Through this partnership, we meet specific goals for green energy use and report to the EPA on our usage each year. The program ties in with our focus to use and support the development of renewable energy. To find out more information on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Partnership Program please visit www.epa.gov/greenpower.
For more information click here.
Great playspaces start with great design and great playground designs start with research. Our design philosophy drives us to create the best products and playspaces for all people to enjoy, connect and move!
Click here to learn more about Burke Featured Playgrounds listed below!
Owen's Playground at Hillcrest Elementary -
Downers Grove, IL
Staring Lake Park - Eden Prairie, MN
|Marine Park - Blaine, WA
||Friendship Park - Avondale, AZ