1. Can you provide direction as it pertains to the binder assembly for RFPs 19-03 & 19-05? The RFP binder tabs and contents as described on page 6 (Office) and pages 6&7 (School) appear to have left out the direction for tabs 6 & 7.
This is a typo. Tab 8 will become Tab 6 and Tab 9 will become Tab 7.
2. Would this solicitation cover lounge seating?
RFP 19-03 references Office Supplies, Related Products and Services. Review the RFP 19-03 solicitation to determine your ability to respond with an offering.
3. On page 6 of bid documents under Binder Tabs the tabs are listed from 1-5 and then skips to 8 & 9 is this correct?
4. Solicitation Number 19-03 Scope of Products and Services Office Furniture: Conference Room Solutions such as Conference Tables, Community Tables, Collaboration Tables, Storage and Buffett Credenza, Lecterns and Wood Framed White Boards. We don’t support the vast amount of items listed towards the back of the RFQ. Is this the correct vehicle to be on for National IPA or would there be a future RFQ that more meets what we can support?
It is the responsibility of vendors to determine whether or not to submit a response to this RFP. There are furniture contracts available in the portfolio. We anticipate a furniture re-solicitation for those contracts in 2019.
5. Is there a minimum amount of sales for the contract that needs to be met or exceeded?
Refer to Exhibit A, 1.3 Estimated Volume.
6. Line item M on Page 35 has a section listing proposed sales for Years One through Three of the contract. Would the contract be cancelled if the proposed numbers are not met?
If suppliers are able to guarantee sales in Years 1 through 3, they will be responsible for any administration fee based on the greater of the actual Contract Sales and the Guaranteed Contract Sales. Suppliers are not required to guarantee sales.
7. Does pricing need to reflect Delivery, Installation and Removal of Trash within the pricing structure?
Refer to IV. Evaluation Process and Criteria. It should reflect as auditable pricing. If your pricing model is to include delivery, installation and trash removal, please state it in your proposal.
8. Is Delivery, Installation and Removal of Trash a quotable line item?
Refer to IV. Evaluation Process and Criteria. It should reflect as auditable pricing.
9. We have 7985 line items of products on our GSA Contract for filling out the RFP 19-03 for Office Supplies, Related Products, and Office Services - Core List Offering (if applicable). Can we supply sample pricing or do we need to complete the form with all of our products? We offer conference room furniture and reception desking.
Refer to IV Evaluation Process and Criteria, #2, a).
10. Would it be possible to get the documents for 19-05 Education School Supplies and 19-03 Office Supply in a word Format?
11. When working in the 19-03 Market Basket Excel sheet, I am unable to make changes in some cells. I am working under the Offeror Proposed Product Columns. Can It be unprotected so we are able to make changes?
No. Columns A through E will remain protected. Columns F through N will remain unprotected.
12. I hope you are well. I’m reaching out about your RFP with solicitation number 19-03. I work in Category Management on our B2B site which is aptly named. We offer our customers thousands of products across multiple categories, and your members would benefit having access to this site. We’re planning on filling out and submitting your RFP by the Jan 24th deadline. I’m curious about the market basket component, because while we offer thousands of products, our prices are constantly changing and we’re always working to gain an even wider assortment. For some of the other contracts that we partner with (Tips, Pace, and NCPA for example), we communicate our pricing by granting access. Our B2B site features an experience tailored to feature products specific to office, education, or one of our other verticals based on the customer type. While already sources the lowest prices from our suppliers, Region4 members will be given access to even lower prices that are not available to the public. To check prices, you can log into the site by using the credentials below, and you’ll be able to browse our vast catalog of products. Your members would also gain access to our dedicated sales team of business account managers who help with large scale orders whether that’s picking out products, placing the order, logistics of delivery, etc. Login Credentials: Username: Password: Does this method of pricing work for the market basket component of your contract? Let me know if you’d like to speak about this further on the phone and we can set up a time to talk about how we can partner together.
Region 4 will evaluate pricing in accordance with the pricing language in the RFP. Offerors will be evaluated on their ability to meet all the requirements of the RFP, including the pricing requirements. In the RFP response, describe the Offeror’s methods including pricing and commitment to Region 4 and the national program as stated in the Evaluation Process and Criteria section.
13. Regarding the above reference RFP, are Point of Use water coolers considered Office Equipment?
RFP 19-03 references Office Supplies, Related Products and Services. Review RFP 19-03 solicitation to determine your ability to respond with an offering. It is the responsibility of vendors to determine whether or not to submit a response to this RFP.
14. The published contract terms are 5 years with a possible additional 5 years. Historically we have some states, particularly in the k-12 space that believe their procurement guidelines do not allow for a contract that exceeds 5 years. Some agencies believe that even if the initial term is 5 years, but if it has the potential to exceed the 5 year term then they are not able to use. Have the terms been aligned to current procurement codes for all states?
The longer term is a result of industry research and supplier feedback. The majority of agencies nationwide do have the ability to use a longer contract and we see the cooperative industry moving towards contracts with combined terms longer than 5 years.